Sunday, July 20, 2008

RagamuffinTop Challenge: Update #1



So last week I joined up with the RagamuffinTop Challenge.

Started tracking my food intake on DailyPlate, which has a whole database of foods, and their nutrition facts, so you can track whatever you eat, and your water intake as well. You can also put in your weight/height info and how much weight you want to lose a week and they'll give you a recommended caloric intake. I've been doing that, and also using that food information to calculate weight watcher points from a formula I found online. Right now I have 28points a day and 35flex points. I'm trying to stay under both the recommended caloric intake and the points, but happy if I stay under one of them just depending on what I eat.

I did pretty well for the first few days, but Wed. was my reception for my show, so I snacked a lot on the food I bought for the reception, and then Fri. was my defense and the final confirmation that I am going to graduate, so I've kind of been in "I don't care about my weight I'm celebrating right now!" mode the last couple of days. I have been trying to be better about moderation in my celebration...but yeah, not so good.

I weighed myself on our home scale yesterday morning, the scale I'll actually be using until I move out, and it said 203. I don't know if it's the same or different from the doctor's scale, so I don't really know if I've gained/lost this week.

This week I'm gonna stick to my eating plan, and get some good exercise going. Swimming laps at the union hall is always something I enjoy, but I need to go get a good lap swimming bathing suit. I am not excited about finding one. Before swimming laps I'll try to do some weight training in the union hall gym. Hopefully they'll have equipment similar to that at school so I'll know how to use it. Also going to try to do some ab exercises every night before I go to bed. crunches, stretches, and we have this wheel thing that does a pretty good job.

That was my RagamuffinTop week. How was yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I can do this, anyone can!! Best of luck to you in the week to come!! Keep it up!